As you might remember in our last blog post, where we discussed our favorite ways to get out on Lake Norman, that we are extremely happy with the location of our Denver apartments — and we think that you might like the location too.
Being located near both Lake Norman and Charlotte, North Carolina area is truly special. If you are currently looking at apartments for rent in Denver, we urge you to stop by or schedule a tour of our community.
Now let’s get back to talking about lake days. In our last post, we discussed how you can get onto the lake without owning a boat, as well as the places where you can put your boat in if you do have one. But what do you do once you’re at the lake?
In today’s blog post, we will be discussing a couple of our favorite activities that are perfect for a day on the water.
Things To Do At Lake Norman
Before we get into discussing a few of our favorite lake-day activities, we thought that we might point out that you don’t actually need to do anything when you visit the lake. In fact, sometimes the lake is perfect for doing nothing. So whether you go to Lake Norman to water ski or if you go to Lake Norman to take a nap in the sun as you float, we support it!
If there is one thing that makes lake Norman special, it is the huge fish that swim in its murky depths. Lake Norman is home to a variety of species including striped bass, bullhead, blue catfish, bluegill, yellowfin bream, crappie, and largemouth and smallmouth bass. So whether you’re trolling for fish as you boat drifts in the wind, casting under a log looking for huge bass, or jigging off of the bottom in search of walleye, you will have fun while doing it on Lake Norman.
Fishing on the lake is cheap, easy, and fun — and you can even charter a guiding service if you don’t have a boat, fishing gear, or fishing license. If you are interested in finding a guiding service you can visit the Visit Lake Norman’s Fishing Guides page.
With over 520 miles of shoreline, Lake Norman is a watersports playground — and the best part is that you can rent equipment for virtually any watersport imaginable. Below, we have listed some, but not all of some of our favorite activities that you can participate in.
- Canoeing – Canoeing is a great way to cover some “ground” and travel long distances along the craggy shoreline of Lake Norman. So grab a friend that you trust will carry their weight and push off from shore.
- Paddleboarding – Paddleboarding has become somewhat of a fad — being the hippest form of water transportation. But what people don’t tell you is that there is a reason that it’s so popular. It’s actually really fun.
- Kayaking – Kayaking is a fun water activity that you can participate in with your friends, family, or by yourself. Plus, if you don’t trust your friends to paddle it is a much better option than a canoe.
- Cycleboats – We’ve all seen cycle bars casually coasting around the city streets, but have you ever seen a cycleboat? Charlotte Cycleboats is a company that offers full-day bookings where you and your friends can cruise around the lake from the comfort of a covered boat. The only catch is that you’re going to have to pedal.
- Jet Ski – While a jet ski is technically a boat, we consider it to be more of watersport. Hop on a jetski and chase your friends through the various inlets of Lake Norman.
Things To Do After A Day On The Lake
If you have ever spent a day on the lake before, you likely know that multiple hours in the sun can really take it out of you. Because of that, it is nice to have plans for afterward too. Because the last thing you will want to do after a long day on the lake is to go home and cook dinner. So instead of just going home, you should go to a local Denver brewery or eatery to relax and unwind before heading home to your apartment in Denver.
Do you not currently live close to Lake Norman? Well, that’s a problem! Check out or apartments for rent in Denver today. Schedule your tour now to see what you’re missing out on.